This is my hesitancy also. I am ready to buy the D4 but am waiting to see if they have listened to their customers and designed a second generation camera to meet their needs. If the XQD card is going away (I don't think it is) then I want to take advantage of the new version. As well....I am assuming MP rating will climb which would be nice but not critical in my work.
I'll wait till March...if no announcement by then...I buy the D4. One can only be patient for so long. All in all though...I'd be in the dilemma most are...chargers and batteries for two D3's and then the D4 charger and batteries. All in the name of marketing...oh well.