Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why high price on D4?

PSAGuy

Lake Elmo, US
1761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Why high price on D4?"

PSAGuy Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008
Wed 18-Sep-13 04:21 PM | edited Wed 18-Sep-13 04:22 PM by PSAGuy

In the case of the D4 vs D800, this has perplexed many including me, until I gave it some real thought.
I struggled deciding which to buy, until I really started to dig into it a bit. The D4 is well known as a world class tool for photographing sports (my business), but the D800 offered a number of items that you point out at a lower cost.

In the end for me, the real deal breaker for the D4 was it's overall feel, durability, exceptional low light performance, buffer size, and speed. Granted the D800 is close on many of these, but the D4 felt to me like a more "workhorse" type camera that could suit my needs for many, many years to come. I do not like buying cameras (they cost too much) so if I can buy one to last me a really long time, it's a good thing. My D3 is a great example of that.

A general, generic topic Why high price on D4? [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member , Wed 18-Sep-13 02:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why high price on D4?