Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wireless remote for D4

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Wireless remote for D4"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Tue 13-Aug-13 02:00 PM

I'll follow up here with AMusingFool. I bought at least two of the cheaper remote triggers off eBay, and though they work, they are cheaply made and are not very durable. I found my two marginally reliable. I also bought two Pocket Wizard II units a long time ago and then bought the special (very expensive) cable that was supposed to keep the unit from going to sleep. They may work for some people but I had to fight them constantly. And, they are huge and bulky. I was complaining to my friend, who then recommended the RFN-4s units.

There are two tiny complaints about the RFN-4s units that I could find when I was researching them. Since they are tiny, the silver thumb screw is a bit hard to turn to mount it on the camera and it is a little hard to remove once it is tightened down. Due to the location of the receiver, it is slightly harder to get to the flash button on the side of the camera to set the camera to rear curtain sync. Both of those complaints are minimal as far as I am concerned. I can still change my flash settings with no problem and I because the unit works so well and is so small, I leave it on all of the time, except maybe to put the lightning trigger on the camera.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Wireless remote for D4 [View all] , BioSci Gold Member , Sun 11-Aug-13 10:29 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wireless remote for D4