Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question for D4 Users

JazzDoc

Rochester, US
471 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question for D4 Users "

JazzDoc Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006
Mon 05-Aug-13 08:52 PM

Sorry to add this annoying wrinkle, Mark, but cannot resist. Like you, I am a serous hobbyist with an engaging day job that limits matters. However, I want the best chance I can get for the wildlife, travel, and landscape photography that both I and my wife enjoy. We have gone on a variety of exotic trips as well, and for those, the cost of gear pales in relation to the unique experiences entailed. In short, I ultimately upgraded from a D300 to both a D4 and D800. I travel with both and typically have both on board during travels, often hanging by both shoulders and/or a belt-harness system. The D4 typically with 70-200 (sometimes with a 1.4xTE as well), while the D800 has the 24-120 or 16-35. I never looked back, enjoy both for reasons noted by others, and love the properties of each while exploiting them fully. They work together like two hands, and I would not wish to go back to one or the other alone. Even my wife travels with two bodies now. In the field it is often impossible to predict what takes place, and it is terrific to be able to accommodate variety in real time. We may never return to the Amazon, or to Iceland, but we gave it our best shot.....

Cheers
Gary

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

A general, generic topic Question for D4 Users [View all] , markwoolley , Wed 31-Jul-13 06:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question for D4 Users