Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question for D4 Users

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4122 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question for D4 Users "

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 31-Jul-13 01:36 PM

I went from a D300 to a D4 (and D800e). For still images the changes are minor. You have more options for the programmable buttons, many of the menu choices have expanded, there are a few more dedicated buttons, and some of the settings have moved. I'd consider the changes evolutionary and easy to understand. With my D300 settings spreadsheets in front of me I easily stepped through the D4 configuration menus.

Of course the D4 adds video. I have not used video, but obviously there is a learning curve there.

Compared to the D300 the D4 has faster frame rates, much better high ISO performance, greater dynamic range, and improved AF. I'm an amateur who, like you, was in the position to buy a D4 and did it. I had no economic justification, but I never have regretted the decision.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Question for D4 Users [View all] , markwoolley , Wed 31-Jul-13 06:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question for D4 Users