Fri 19-Jul-13 07:49 AM | edited Fri 19-Jul-13 07:49 AM by Zareeba
As soon as a small windfall I'm expecting comes through (hopefully within the next 2 weeks) I'll be ordering a D4. Not sure how to play this though. Gray's of Westminster (which fellow British Nikonians will no doubt be familiar with)are offering a special deal - an enhanced part-ex of £200 when you order a new D4 or D800E. I'll be selling my D700(reluctantly, but I need to part with it to offset some of the expenditure on the D4)but I can't decide whether to go for the Gray's offer - then at least I know who I'm dealing with and having dealt with them numerous times before, I trust them - or to go for a D4 from another vendor (cheaper than Gray's but an unknown quantity) and sell the D700 privately. I know I'll probably get a lower price for the D700 if I let Gray's have it, but there is the enhanced trade-in offer, and I don't then have the hassle of selling privately (or via Amazon or Ebay) with all the hassle that might imply.
D4, D800, D600
It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us in trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so.
Why is this thus? What is the reason of this thusness?