Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2x repair estimate - time to let go?

blw

Richmond, US
28713 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D2x repair estimate - time to let go?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Thu 18-Jul-13 06:02 PM

> D800

LOL

> APS ... seems to me they're more willing to listen to customer input, and there's also a good chance they can do it for less.

They are certainly more customer friendly than Melville. They are nearly always much faster, too. More than once I've had something in and out of their shop in two days - Melville can't even tell me that they've received it that quickly. And they don't have the stupid grey market rule problem.

But in my experience, they are rarely much less expensive than Nikon, since the parts all come from Nikon and repairing sophisticated cameras is an in-demand skill...

Once I dropped off my 135/f2 AF DC on Friday at 9am and it was repaired in time for me to pick it up on the way to the airport on Monday mid-day. Even NPS doesn't get that kind of turnaround from Melville, let alone the rest of us amateurs...

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic D2x repair estimate - time to let go? [View all] , D2xer , Wed 17-Jul-13 06:03 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2x repair estimate - time to let go?
Reply message Work-around