Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to display photo albums

dwight200

Stow, MA, US
309 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How to display photo albums"

dwight200 Registered since 30th Jan 2007
Sat 13-Jul-13 10:50 AM | edited Sat 13-Jul-13 10:54 AM by dwight200

Looking for a permanent or temporary site? Do you want it to be there 2-3 years from now, or are this year's party photos only of interest this year?

For transient things the easiest site is Dropbox. You can get a free 2GByte account, store all the photos there (at least all the ones you want to show), and get a link to that folder which you can pass around. When next year comes around you can delete that folder and store a new one with the new photos. (Of course you can keep all the folders and get a paid account on Dropbox with lots more capacity).

I find the free account useful for sharing large files or groups of files.

I use flickr for a lot of photos I want to be there more permanently. You can put family photos in sets and make them private and pass out links, but it's really designed to be a public photo sharing site. Free account limited to displaying something like 200 photos. Otherwise there's a fee. If you're into photography and like to buy lenses and things, the fee is negligible.

PS: of the ~250 shots I took at my neighbor's 4th party I selected about 20. There are always duplicates, out of focus stuff, photos of my foot taken by accident, etc. 10% seems to be my keeper level on average, although if I try I can get it higher.

Dwight
http://small-farm.org

A general, generic topic How to display photo albums [View all] , danshep Gold Member , Sat 13-Jul-13 02:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How to display photo albums