Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Not sure where to ask this so I figured I would start w...

JBD90

US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Not sure where to ask this so I figured I would start with FX users."

JBD90 Registered since 24th Nov 2011
Fri 21-Jun-13 11:26 PM

My question is this. Are the pixels on the DX sensors the same actual size (latest models) the same size as those used in the latest DX cameras. What I am trying to figure out is if the lenses is the same on a DX and FX camera and not factoring in the crop factor. Will a DX camera with a very dense pixel array on the sensor (like the D7100) produce an equal or even superior image than that of a Fx sensor. who's density may be less and therefor have larger individual pixels.

I may not have asked this properly but you may see where my head is and my confusion. If there are just more pixels would that even out the difference in sensor size... in a way.... JB

A general, generic topic Not sure where to ask this so I figured I would start w... [View all] , JBD90 , Fri 21-Jun-13 09:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Not sure where to ask this so I figured I would sta...