Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The crop factor on a D4

JECoutre

Concord, US
376 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: The crop factor on a D4"

JECoutre Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2008
Fri 21-Jun-13 08:42 PM

I capture images in each of the venues of your interest with both the D4 and D800E, most times with both on the shoulder. Unquestionably the D4 is my go to (1st choice or has the most visualized lens of choice on it for the situation)for everything except landscape. I don't heistate using the D800E in everthing except fast action sports or BIF simply due to continuous shutter rates (4 v 10 frames per second). If I only grab one camera for out of studio work, it is the D4.

I do print large (24x36, but mostly 20x24) and have not had any difficulty of "loose in camera framing" (a habit in my studio and enviornmental family portraiture business)with either D4 or D800 when especially large pp crops for those distance subjects ... image quality holds up with careful pp.

Jim

A general, generic topic The crop factor on a D4 [View all] , rws67 , Fri 21-Jun-13 12:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The crop factor on a D4