Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The crop factor on a D4

mrwilson

springfield, US
343 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: The crop factor on a D4"

mrwilson Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2013
Fri 21-Jun-13 05:48 PM

Yes there is no getting around it, never close enough to wildlife it seems without cropping a little to a lot. I have found that the high iso shooting without a lot of post processing, fast frame rate plus the tank built like body and exterior buttons for quick setting changes is why the d4 is so good at quick action shots.

If a person requires a lot of extensive cropping then the d800 is better because it gets more pixels on the subject. I shoot with a Nikon 500mm f4.0 vr lens with converters at times when I need them to get more pixels on an animal. I try not to crop extensively and have learnt to approach animals better to get closer.

I rented a d800, tried it, then bought the d4 and have been happy every sense. The d4 is made to be roughed up in the field and comes out swinging.

Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic The crop factor on a D4 [View all] , rws67 , Fri 21-Jun-13 12:36 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The crop factor on a D4