Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dwight200

Stow, MA, US
309 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 in my future?"

dwight200 Registered since 30th Jan 2007
Sun 09-Jun-13 12:06 AM

>
>I am sure planning on it.
>
>I retire in 15 work days on June 28th. This waiting is really
>getting to me.
>
>Does the nervous jitters accompany NAS?
>
>I need 10 FPS!...

The D4 is a fun toy. I'm more interested in the ISO performance than the 10fps, although that is very useful occasionally. My primary uses of 10fps are (1) bracketing shots; and (2) group shots with flash. (using a high ISO with flash and CLS enables you to get several shots on one charge at 10fps. That allows people who blink to recover from their blinking in the later shots. Also if people blink late, the background doesn't change much at 10fps so you can swap heads in photoshop fairly easily).

Nervous jitters frequently accompany expenditure of large sums of cash that might be viewed by spouses or other relatives as frivolous expenditures. Just point out that it's cheaper (by far) than buying a boat for your retirement.

Why do you have to wait 15 days? Does your job keep you so busy that you can't go out and buy a D4? Maybe you should consider retiring early.

Talk about frustration -- remember that as soon as you buy one and get it home you have to wait to use it while the battery is being charged. Get one now and the battery will be all charged and ready to go by the time you are able to sit down and play with it.

You have a lot of prep work to do. You can download the manual and read it even if you don't have the camera. You will have to give serious consideration to image #1.

PS: don't forget the lenses. There are a lot of nice ones out there.

PPS: have fun. And show us the pictures.

Dwight
http://small-farm.org

A general, generic topic D4 in my future? [View all] , danshep Gold Member , Fri 07-Jun-13 03:30 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 in my future?