Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dspvisuals

US
66 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 noise"

dspvisuals Registered since 24th Apr 2013
Thu 06-Jun-13 12:44 PM | edited Thu 06-Jun-13 12:46 PM by dspvisuals

Putting my nickle's worth in-

Agree w/ the other responses that it looks underexposed here. Looking at the separate jpg file that looks brighter, but lacks contrast. I think it is hard to really give a fair assessment to a web-res file, to low resolution.

That being said, I zoomed in on the attached file and that does not look noisy.

I don't see a histogram here so I don't know where the others are seeing this- but the image looks dark and the field looks dark- if you brighten it you risk blowing out the player's white uniform- (these are just thoughts- not that you don't know this )

But the other thought is that noise hides in the underexposed areas- if you see noise then raise your exposure- it cannot reside in properly exposed areas or bright areas.

The thing I have realized/noticed in using higher ISO settings is the loss of color fidelity- reds look poor, and in your image I see more of that as an issue than noise.

This is a hot, active topic! D4 noise [View all] , 70buddy , Tue 04-Jun-13 01:03 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 noise