Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Tue 04-Jun-13 07:19 PM

>I'm now a happy owner of a D3x
>Excellent condition for a decent $2400.
>
You made a good choice Petter. And don't be afraid to use the D3X at ISO 6400. Here is a comparison of what you can expect from the D3X when it's down sampled to D3 size. In this case I used the D700 (same as D3) compared to the D3X. It's a screen shot using crops of a 50% enlargement from both cameras shot at ISO 6400. There is no sharpening or noise reduction or any other post processing other than the sizing. By the way when I'm not in sunlight I generally keep my D3X at ISO 1600 because the noise performance is so good. When I want extra high dynamic range and resolution I'll go down to ISO 100. The D3X is on the right.

Click on image to view larger version

Enjoy your new camera.

Len

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Buying advice - D3x or the D3s? [View all] , petterf Silver Member , Sat 01-Jun-13 08:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?