Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?

mrwilson

springfield, US
343 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?"

mrwilson Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2013
Sun 02-Jun-13 03:10 PM

It entirely depends on your type of photography. The d3s is a small step up from your d3 as explained earlier. The d3x would be a better camera for the landscape stuff, or any scenes that have a lot of detail you want to bring out. The d3 is a good high iso camera and fast frame count. The d3x is an excellant low iso camera with a much lower frame count. I would think the d3x is a beautiful camera to have for especially shooting slow from a tripod for structural or landscape type stuff.

If it were me, I would keep the d3 and buy the d3x. If you have been using professional cameras with the built in grip then the d800 would not be my choice. I tried the d800, it wasn't the camera for me. I had the d3s so I upgraded to the d4 and haven't looked back.

Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Buying advice - D3x or the D3s? [View all] , petterf Silver Member , Sat 01-Jun-13 08:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?