Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?

petterf

SE
138 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?"

petterf Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Nov 2008
Sun 02-Jun-13 12:59 AM

Thanks for your input guys.

Since I got my Gitzo and Arca-Swiss ballhead I've noticed that I'm not that focused on high ISO use the same way which is why I'm looking for something better in quality but still enable me to use some of the previous parts.

Yes I know the D800 is the best on DR and Colour.
But the D800 will bring another set of charger, batteries, L-bracket etc into the mix which I would like to avoid. It's more money, more weight, more to fiddle with.

None of the D3/x have sensorcleaning. So far I've always droped by Nikon HQ which is just down the road from me and had my bodies cleaned when needed. They are fast and friendly.

If I would go with the D3s, I dont see any other reason to keep the D3 other then as a second body. This would be a little bit cheaper as I could pass on the D3 for some cash.
Choosing the D3x I could keep the D3 for faster action and low light use, untill I get a D3s or something else.

I dont know.
The D3s would not give me any better IQ, range or depth, nor speed. It would give me ISO range and high ISO quality.
The D3x offer better dynamic range and colour depth on base ISO. But it will cost me some fps.

Petter
-Ever wondered where gadgets go when they die?

A topic tagged as having a question Buying advice - D3x or the D3s? [View all] , petterf Silver Member , Sat 01-Jun-13 08:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?