Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?

petterf

SE
137 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?"

petterf Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Nov 2008
Sat 01-Jun-13 10:35 PM

It's time for me to upgrade my dear D3 and I have the opportunity to get either a D3x or D3s for a decent price. I would love to have both but one will have to wait.

I can get the X for $2500 or the S for $2800 both with a 30k mileage.

The D3x is basically like my D3 but higher res and better depth but slower fps but I would love to use it for landscape, architecture etc as well as for family, travel etc.
The D3s would be the king of darkness but other then that it would not offer that much more then what I already have. I'm not intrested in DSLR-video.

As there are so many D3s on the market I recon I would be able to get one when ever I like so there are no reason to jump onto one.

Would you also consider a D3x for $2500 a better deal then a D3s for $2800 or do I miss something?

Petter
-Ever wondered where gadgets go when they die?

A topic tagged as having a question Buying advice - D3x or the D3s? [View all] , petterf Silver Member , Sat 01-Jun-13 08:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying advice - D3x or the D3s?