Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Returning to Photography with D2Xs - questions with Col...

hdt4916

Birmingham, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Returning to Photography with D2Xs - questions with Color Setting"

hdt4916 Registered since 03rd Apr 2013
Fri 31-May-13 02:04 PM

Hello Everyone,

I greatly appreciate your insight information about my issue. I am fairly new to digital world. I bought an used D2Xs with not much accessories. I don't even have a working version of any processing software yet. It's my next item to acquire.

A little more detail on my setup, I have several fast lens from my film collection: 50mm f1.4, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, and Nikon 80-200 f2.8 pre VR version. My first 100 digital frames, I used only the prime 50mm and Tokina lens with UV filter. My color mode was set at sRGB, Color I, Fine.JPEG. Most of the image have that light blue tint haze when viewing straight out of the camera on the computer. I use f5.6 for people portrait. I would love to post my sample image but still finding my way around the forum. Pictures seem to be acceptable on the LCD.

I would like to know how can I improve the setting in camera so that I can use the image without post processing. Do you think older lens would cause any issues? I hope that I dont have an old camera with a bunch of problems. Would you please recommend other color mode setting that might get rid of the light blue tint.

Thanks a bunch,
Dang

A general, generic topic Returning to Photography with D2Xs - questions with Col... [View all] , hdt4916 , Thu 30-May-13 02:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Returning to Photography with D2Xs - questions with...