Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
archivue

Paris, FR
5525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sensor dust"

archivue Registered since 26th Mar 2002
Sun 05-May-13 08:56 PM

Is the camera or the lens new ?
Often with either a new camera or a new lens on an already seasoned camera you might get some specks, dust, flakes, grease tiny blobs... After a while, using one or another, it's replaced by good old dust

Unless shooting regularly at f/16, the two or three usual dust specks tend to go away easily with a blower and don't need servicing every two or three shoots. I give my sensor to clean twice a year and in the meantime if I have some troublesome specks I use the blower !

I usually use prime lenses and change them when needed, on location, keeping the camera looking down and not in the wind bed, but otherwise don't stress too much about it. But I do get my lenses cleaned at least once a year...!

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

A general, generic topic Sensor dust [View all] , Kropotkin , Sun 05-May-13 03:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sensor dust