Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What am i doing wrong with my D3s ?

kodiak photo

Montréal, (Qc), CA
734 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What am i doing wrong with my D3s ?"

kodiak photo Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2013
Mon 29-Apr-13 09:37 PM | edited Mon 29-Apr-13 09:47 PM by kodiak photo

Salut, Hello Jacques

I cannot say that I had the same problem that you have though we share the same camera/lens combination.
I POSSIBLY avoided that problem as a side effect to an other discomfort I had when I bought the 85mm 1.4…

When I first tested my new lens, I noticed that I had a sharpness issue. A friend of mine told me that he also
had the same not "so sharp results" higher then ƒ3.5. He said that going through the AF-Fine Tune of the
D3S solve the problem and that the camera was performing great at night (what he did most at that time).

Actually, my sons and I were shooting a small country circus show yesterday where no flash was allowed.
The D3S (with the 85/ f1.4) was in charge of the low lights shots of the second fire joggler.

Have a look here, I think it perform splendidly!

>>> http://www.kodiakmedia.at/gallery2013/grottenhof_2013/veranstaltungen/zirkus_kaiser/index.html

I know that the newer D4 has a few tricks up its sleeve but… the tools we have are impressive!

Kodiak
Groovy Shootings
Image Média
www.kodiakmedia.at

A general, generic topic What am i doing wrong with my D3s ? [View all] , mrpenguin Silver Member , Mon 29-Apr-13 12:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What am i doing wrong with my D3s ?