Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D800 Versus the D4

teamwiess

Jersey City, US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New D800 Versus the D4"

teamwiess Registered since 28th Dec 2012
Sat 06-Apr-13 03:54 PM

I got the D800 the other day and have been putting it through its paces. I have been able to get some amazing shots. So why is this post in the D4 forum? Strangely enough shooting with the D800 has enhanced my appreciation of my D4.

Let me say, I was extremely excited to get my D4. But at the same time I kept asking myself if the D800 was a better camera at half the price and was I making a really bad decision. Decision making is my business and the possibility I made a bad one here was killing me. Once I got the D4, I saw an immediate improvement in my photography with a little bit of work. But I have wondered about the D800.
I have noted that so many who participate in this forum have both and after only a few days of shooting, I fully understand why. The D800 is a great camera but the D4 shoots better in certain situations, some of which are my favorite shooting scenarios. Now I have the best of all worlds – the ability to get beautiful pictures at an obscene 36MPs, the ability to shoot amazing photos in low light, and the ability to get the right shot in a myriad of activity. Now I just need to find double the time to shoot with each enough.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New D800 Versus the D4 [View all] , teamwiess , Sat 06-Apr-13 01:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D800 Versus the D4