Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom

Renaissance Man

Laurel, US
106 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom"

Renaissance Man Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2009
Sat 06-Apr-13 10:32 PM

>Just settling in to read it. Looking forward to his
>insights.
>
>http://www.bythom.com/nikond4review.htm
>
>Best regards, SteveK

I found one substantive nit, a non-fair comparison -- Quoting the review:
"Want to shoot lots of fast bursts of shots. I'm not sure that the difference between 8 fps and 10 fps is even close to justifying the expense of switching from a D300 to a D4"

I moved from a D300 with extra grip to a D4 for fast long bursts of images of bright events in very low ambient light stored as 14-bit NEFs. The D300 can only shoot and store NEFs at 2.5 fps, and not for long enough bursts. The D4 can shoot and store bigger NEFs at 10 or 11 fps for bursts longer than I need.

With respect to Nikon doing little to relieve the concern about the future of XQD, note that the Nikon site does not yet list the Lexar XQD Cards as approved for use with the D4. See URL:
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17780/kw/D4%20Approved%20Memory%20Card

-- TAP -- a.k.a. Renaissance Man

A general, generic topic D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom [View all] , KnightPhoto Gold Member , Fri 05-Apr-13 10:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom