Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom

Gene Duprey

Cedar Rapids, US
258 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom"

Gene Duprey Registered since 08th Feb 2013
Sat 06-Apr-13 02:40 AM | edited Sat 06-Apr-13 02:41 AM by Gene Duprey

A nice review, balanced, and aimed to give different users a good idea of what the camera is like. I disagree on his evaluation on the controls, to me they are far better than those on the D3 cameras, and I feel the quality is top notch even on the thumb buttons, which he doe snot seem to like much at all except for position. I do agree on using gloves with it a bit vague, but I have seen that on just about every camera I have ever used. My experience with batteries are they are more than adequate for my uses, and seem to last a good day or more even with the camera on full time and at very low temps. I find the focus to dead fast and locks on right away, and high iso noise really great, which he seems to agree on both counts.

I will also say the D4 is my first pro level Nikon digital body, i also have a D700, so my choice of buying a D3 or D4 was a no brainer.

Cheers,
Gene

A general, generic topic D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom [View all] , KnightPhoto Gold Member , Fri 05-Apr-13 10:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Review is out, and it's from Thom