Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Len's Compatibility

michaeladawson

Oakland, US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon Len's Compatibility"

michaeladawson Registered since 17th May 2002
Fri 12-Jul-02 03:54 PM

Ooops. My mistake. The information I was referring to was a .pdf sales brochure from the Nikon web site.

In any event I completely glossed over the statement that the vignetting problem specific to the use of those lenses when used with the built in Speedlight.

But this brings to mind a follow-up question. Why the warning on those three lenses and not others. If it's a question of Speedlight coverage then won't the problem show up in all of their wide angle prime lenses too?

I assume the answer to this is that Nikon expects users to be aware of vignetting problems when using the cheap built-in flash with wide-angle lenses. But when using their zooms Nikon wants to let people know at what focal length vignetting becomes an issue.

A general, generic topic Nikon Len's Compatibility [View all] , michaeladawson , Thu 11-Jul-02 03:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Len's Compatibility