Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

best back-up for a D4 - your thoughts

JazzDoc

Rochester, US
471 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: best back-up for a D4 - your thoughts"

JazzDoc Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006
Tue 26-Mar-13 11:52 PM

There is considerable wisdom already provided above, and I agree with all this. I use a D4 and D800, typically carrying both around on serious 'missions.' One element not addressed is the notion of reach, and its nullification with the D800's huge pixel density. While you can shoot in 'DX' mode, I cannot see any particular purpose in doing it, and instead utilize cropping liberally, especially when 'reach' is insufficient to fill the frame. In short, the D800 can be viewed as a super-D7100, and a super-D3x. The coverage and synergy between the two bodies is truly remarkable. My humble advice is, if you can stretch for the extra money for the D800 over the D600, you will not be sorry nor look back. If the funds are tight, and if you buy it anyway, you will love it just as much, though something must give on another front. It was an easy choice for me in any case.
All the best
Gary

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

A general, generic topic best back-up for a D4 - your thoughts [View all] , houstonjim1 Silver Member , Thu 21-Mar-13 10:48 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: best back-up for a D4 - your thoughts