Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which u recommend - D4 VS D3X - Adorama has both as sam...

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5696 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which u recommend - D4 VS D3X - Adorama has both as same price."

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Sun 17-Mar-13 03:27 PM | edited Sun 17-Mar-13 03:28 PM by Ferguson

I'd offer up the D800 for consideration as well. I have it and the D4, and I think both are MUCH better choice than the D3X.

You have a D3s. It's not quite a D4 but it's close, and has the speed and durability for times when you need that. The D800 offers a contrast, it will give higher resolution and other than at high ISO has better dynamic range.

If I'm shooting action I or night/indoor I grab the D4. A fellow shooter uses a D3s for indoor sports, so we have compared notes, not a huge difference.

If I'm looking for just the best image, especially if I might crop, I grab the D800.

They complement each other nicely, and a D3s/D800 combination will as well, whereas the D4/D3s is almost more competition than complement.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Which u recommend - D4 VS D3X - Adorama has both as sam... [View all] , kmaine Gold Member , Thu 14-Mar-13 03:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which u recommend - D4 VS D3X - Adorama has both as...