Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
PSAGuy

Lake Elmo, US
1766 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How High with D3 ??"

PSAGuy Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008
Thu 14-Mar-13 04:12 PM

Thanks...
As the tourney photographer I always get to shoot from the bench. It's in my contract...so the glass proves no issue. Your settings are close to mine (I always use +0.3 or so on EV) but I always shoot shutter priority and RAW. I have no interest in shooting below 1/500th and risking frames that are blurred. For hockey I am NEVER below 1/500th .....ever !
Your ISO 900 shots must be one terrific rink.....I am jealous....as the best I get are around ISO 2000. That rink is brand new and lit wonderfully.
The rink I am shooting this weekend is a dungeon (as well as freeeeezing.... brrr) so it will require me to push the limits for JPEG on the D3.
I should be able to get by with ISO 5000 but may go all the way to 6400 so I can get off f2.8 .....images are just better at higher f-stops.

Thanks for the input. I'll post a couple results after the tourney.

A general, generic topic How High with D3 ?? [View all] , PSAGuy Gold Member , Tue 12-Mar-13 12:56 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How High with D3 ??