Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
kstrongs

St. Thomas, CA
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How High with D3 ??"

kstrongs Registered since 04th Oct 2011
Thu 14-Mar-13 04:00 PM

I have shot some 40,000 photos odf Hockey over the last few years.My son just finished his last Major Midget season, next year Junior level. I shoot raw, but have shot jpeg w/noise reduction.
I also add between 1 and 1 1/2 stops as the ice messes up the exposure and white balance and players look a little dark. Some rinks are brighter than others.
I use the 70-200 F2.8 lens.
I shoot manual mode.
F 2.8 or F3.2.
1/320or 1/400.
Auto ISO, low 200, high 4000.
most of the shots are between ISO 900 to 4000, depending on the angle through the glass. I shoot spot metering, upper sensor above middle, focus on the players head/neck area.
For the clearest glass to shoot through, I try to stand above and behind the coaches/players bench as the glass has the least amount of pucks shot at it, usually the cleanest. Shooting through the netting is terrible, the auto focus goes nuts with the netting.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic How High with D3 ?? [View all] , PSAGuy Gold Member , Tue 12-Mar-13 12:56 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How High with D3 ??