Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
blw

Richmond, US
28703 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: How High with D3 ??"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Wed 13-Mar-13 01:44 AM

I can easily shoot ISO 6400 on a D3 and come up with pretty good results, surely good enough for 5x7 prints. Now I have to admit that in my case I would be assuming that as soon as I got them out of the camera they would all get a standardized dose of noise reduction in LR4. Even though they are raw and every one has to be processed at least a little, I doubt I'd be losing more than 5 min or so and probably more like two min for the incremental time to apply the NR to a few hundred files. Reducing the size to 5x7 covers many sins...

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic How High with D3 ?? [View all] , PSAGuy Gold Member , Tue 12-Mar-13 12:56 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How High with D3 ??