Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Autofocus Lockup Problem

archivue

Paris, FR
5525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Autofocus Lockup Problem"

archivue Registered since 26th Mar 2002
Sun 10-Mar-13 08:27 AM

I would agree with that new contact set...
When I first used the 105mm VR Micro I had some of those AF lock up (it's the heaviest lens I have, using smaller primes). After scratching a bit my head, I saw that it wasn't tight enough as I could rotate it a few mm with my hand on it. Apart from rotation, it was tight in all the other directions.
So when I had AF lock, I rotated the lens by a smudge and all worked perfectly, pointing to a contact alignment problem with this lens.
For other reasons, I had a change of mount, contacts, and AF module in this camera, and since never had that problem again...

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

A topic tagged as in need of help Autofocus Lockup Problem [View all] , FineArtSnaps Silver Member , Sat 09-Mar-13 01:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Autofocus Lockup Problem