Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Factory Refurbished

phfcpa

Boca Raton, US
206 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Factory Refurbished "

phfcpa Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2007
Fri 08-Mar-13 10:07 AM

I just bought a refurb from Cameta and returned it within 3 days.
The shutter count must have been reset, it was at zero, my 1st shot said one on ps6.
It had poor resolution also with auto fine tuning the lenses. Also the shutter seemed to have issues working properly. Compared to my friends D4 it was terrible.
Bottom line, I returned it and was out the $67 ups shipping charge. In my case it did not work out. Their warranty is Great, but this camera had issues. If refurbished, nikon did not test it properly. But they seem to have quality control issues. I have a D600 , D300S, had the D3s, and wanted the D4. I'll probably wait for the next D4X, or Maybe a D400 if that ever really happens. Nikon does not listen to their customers. With sluggish financial results, a quality D400 would sell in huge numbers , if it had quality control, and a better body then the limitedD600 body. TheD609 is a great camera, but not the best auto focus system for Wildlife photographers looking for BIF.

A topic tagged as having a question D4 Factory Refurbished [View all] , brian09223 Gold Member , Wed 06-Mar-13 05:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Factory Refurbished