Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How often do you swab your sensor?

pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1003 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How often do you swab your sensor?"

pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Tue 26-Feb-13 07:36 PM

For my D200, I bring it in once a year.

I described the procedure I use in the field to minimize dust several months ago in the D100/200/300 forum (only to still have dust).

In a spot, I'll hold the body upside down with the mirror up and use my blower brush minus the brush to dislodge and suck the dust out of the camera. I've also thought of using a small hand-held battery powered vacuum to suck out dust from inside the camera too.

I have a cleaning kit recommended by my camera store, but I haven't used it, due to my concern of accidentally scratching the IR filter on the sensor.

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic How often do you swab your sensor? [View all] , cogrady Silver Member , Mon 25-Feb-13 08:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How often do you swab your sensor?