Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How often do you swab your sensor?

blw

Richmond, US
28560 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: How often do you swab your sensor?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 25-Feb-13 09:42 PM

I did two wet cleans on my D3 in the first six months I had it. My personal opinion is that the D3 had a "spray lubrication" issue like the current D600, although the D3 was nowhere near as bad. Since then I've been doing about one wet clean about every year or so. I have to do a rocket blower annoyingly often - almost every shoot. But then again, I think the D3 was the last camera before the universal deployment of anti-dust sensor shakers, and of course the D3 being FX has 2.5x as much area to attract dust than previous DX cameras.

I'll admit that the last time I did it, I used up three swabs getting it clean - I was pretty annoyed. But that's the first time I had that particular problem.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic How often do you swab your sensor? [View all] , cogrady Silver Member , Mon 25-Feb-13 08:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How often do you swab your sensor?