Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
richmonk

Calgary, CA
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Focusing"

richmonk Registered since 12th Jun 2009
Mon 25-Feb-13 03:08 AM

Yep, seen this many times myself. It's not the camera, it's the lights. My D300s and my D4 have both produced this result while shooting indoor ice hockey. Try shooting sometihing outside using the same technique with natural light and you'll not see this effect.

Coincidentally, I had a chance to shoot in an NHL arena last week (that was awesome). They had all of the TV lights tunred on and I didn't experience this effect at all. it sure made my post production process a lot easier. It would appear that the TV lights are much higher quality than what i've seen in our local minor league arenas. There are definitely a LOT more lights in there!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help D4 Focusing [View all] , 70buddy , Sat 16-Feb-13 03:27 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Focusing