Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

fEE Error Message on D3X

archivue

Paris, FR
5525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: fEE Error Message on D3X"

archivue Registered since 26th Mar 2002
Sat 02-Feb-13 02:49 PM

Try in manual mode to set the aperture of the lens, slowly, to all the values, and verify if there isn't one that extinct the fEE warning...!

The only other cause in such a description would be a faulty contact (on the body, you can see them in the picture above), but then it wouldn't work with the G type either (unless they use different contacts) !

I had a "bad" lens electronics (35mm f/2 AF-D) that literally fried my AF module. Nikon Paris went into three extensive changes (twice before the culprit was found and the last to get it as new, I had also the electronics of the 35mm AFD changed). While all this occurred (one week full time), I could chat with a technician at the shop and with the one at the repair center. It was the first time they saw or heard about this sort of case.

Before finding the culprit lens (the guy at the shop had a sudden hunch and tried it on one of their cameras for tests and fried it too), most of the signs were aiming at the aperture tab, either the mechanical part (tab, spring, stuck or not, etc.) or the electronic part behind.

As yours was just serviced, I suggest you return it quickly to Nikon !

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

A general, generic topic fEE Error Message on D3X [View all] , CaptainYooh Silver Member , Fri 01-Feb-13 05:22 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: fEE Error Message on D3X