Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Suggestions for a 2nd camera for travel

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4969 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Suggestions for a 2nd camera for travel"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sun 03-Feb-13 01:28 PM

I would go with, amongst the many good choices actually, the D600.

I do a ton of low-light when we travel, and many of my rewarding photographs are night and or dusk shots. So I think any of the FX cameras are preferred as a travel camera and they all have very good low light performance. The D600 combines low light and smaller form factor, both good things in a travel camera.

The D5200 also intrigues me and really there are a lot of great choices aren't there. I guess DX has the possibility of some smaller DX lenses as compared to FX.

Having said all this, since I have a D800E in my kit that is going to be my travel cam, and I won't purchase a D600. I also have used my D4 as a travel cam with my 24-70 on a Black Rapid strap and it works But before our next major trip, I think I will get a 24-120 f/4.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Suggestions for a 2nd camera for travel [View all] , sharkman53 , Thu 31-Jan-13 04:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Suggestions for a 2nd camera for travel