Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Conspiracy Theory: D3X on sale

blw

Richmond, US
28708 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Conspiracy Theory: D3X on sale"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 21-Jan-13 09:41 PM

I've been contemplating a D3x - but I won't pay over about $3k for it, new or used. Why? The existence of the D800e, mostly, but I prefer the larger format body. And I'd prefer to share control systems and especially accessories such as chargers, batteries, brackets, plates and the like with my D3.

It's hard to imagine how most folks looking for an increase in sensor density would fail to spring for a new D800e at half the price of a D3x. I'm willing to consider a D3x because I already have a significant investment in D3-era accessories, and because I know that I really don't need even 24mp all that much, let alone 36mp. (The point is to have an upgrade for my second body, which is a D2x; it is stuck at ISO 800 and also lacks many D3-level features.)

Since Nikon build the pro machines in batches, I'd guess that the D3x stock that you're seeing has been in the retail channel for many months. Since there are not many folks like me that would consider such an old and obsolete camera with such low resolution, I think that the price has to be driven down substantially or nobody will get their money out of the existing stock.

Although I suppose that there probably is a D4x or equivalent in the wings, I seriously doubt that the pricing actions associated with the D3x are related.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Conspiracy Theory: D3X on sale [View all] , teamwiess , Mon 21-Jan-13 04:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Conspiracy Theory: D3X on sale