Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5702 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Kingston CF cards"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Mon 21-Jan-13 07:47 PM

>I bought the Kingston because they were highly rated memory
>cards. I guess if they're not compatible, it doesn't matter
>what the rating is.
>
>Haven't had this issue with other type cards, but I'll be
>sticking to the Lexar CF cards from now on. Hopefully, their
>XQD cards will be compatible with the D4.

It's so hard to know what's real when all you read about are individual data points, almost all from people who had failures, not all those with none.

But my only camera card to fail was a Lexar 1000x.

But from the gestalt of what I read on the internet, it sounds like staying with Sandisk or Lexar is what the collective wisdom says, and not going for "cheap". I've always equated Kingston with "cheap", and at lest from my PC days (from running a largish department), it was NOT reliable memory, back in those days and PC's.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Kingston CF cards [View all] , SilversidesNC Gold Member , Sun 20-Jan-13 01:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kingston CF cards