Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat.

JimAxelson

Aldergrove, CA
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat."

JimAxelson Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2009
Tue 05-Feb-13 05:52 PM

Hi,

I am very sorry. I missed your question about the performance of my equipment after repair.

I am VERY VERY sorry to hear of your awful experience. Mine actually sounds trivial in comparison to the damage that your equipment sustained. I worry all the time when I am packing my 200-400 /D4 around. I am extremely fearful of dropping such delicate gear and since I seem to be less steady on my feet with advancing age I try to be very careful.

Now, to answer your question. As far as I can tell all seems well with my gear. There are times when I think that the XQD 32 GB card seems to be more difficult to extract than before the camera was repaired. I can't be sure of the notion of a certain stiffnesss in the card extractability but until I can compare to another D4 I don't know if I have a problem or not.

I have not been shooting much for over a month but for the stuff I have been doing I think all is well. Nikon apparently really puts the gear through the paces to ensure that all is well before returning the equipment. I just have put my trust in them and think that all is well.

Hope that answers your question.

Jim

A general, generic topic Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat. [View all] , JimAxelson Gold Member , Wed 16-Jan-13 04:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat.