Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat.

JimAxelson

Aldergrove, CA
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat."

JimAxelson Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2009
Thu 17-Jan-13 03:04 AM

Hi Jon

Very sorry to hear of you and your D3 and tele. I guess the gear is just not meant to be dropped. As I was headed for the ground all I could think was....Oh...not my D4... !! I
was not thinking about myself which was pretty dumb. Reflection on the fall after I picked myself up and dusted myself off I realized that the table that I just barely missed could have
put a fairly major dent in my skull. Funny how we are with our gear. I tend to worry more about the gear than myself which is not too bright. The bottom line is that the gear can be fixed but in some cases our bodies just might not be so easily fixed. I am definitely a bit more circumspect about such things after this experience. After all they still are making these items and if necessary we can go to our local Nikon purveyor and buy a new one. Can't do that with the old body, though....

jim

A general, generic topic Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat. [View all] , JimAxelson Gold Member , Wed 16-Jan-13 04:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Basketballs bounce but Nikon D4's don't--a caveat.