Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What's the largest image you have printed from a D3S?

blw

Richmond, US
28561 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: What's the largest image you have printed from a D3S?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 13-Jan-13 02:30 PM

I've made many (dozens) of 24x36" from D3 and D2x files. That's as big as my printer can make without going into panoramas. I've made TWO 30x45's - actually one of them is more like a 30x40, so it's effectively even bigger. They're both for customers, and they liked them to buy them. I think they came out just fine. A 24x36 is a huge print when it comes off the printer, but once it's framed and in a large space, it can look surprisingly small.

Pretty much all of my large files were captured from top-caliber glass, mostly macro lenses, 24-70, 35-70, 70-200, 400/f2.8 etc. The one exception I can remember is the Sigma 12-24, which is good but not at that same level. Most but not all of them were shot either at high shutter speeds or on tripod/Mup/remote.

I don't think I'd care to be printing any of my own files much bigger than 30x45 or so, but I'm not that good at printing and I probably have a lot to learn about post processing too. If it were me, anything 60x100 must have been either a stitch of many files, or it was from a very big sensor.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic What's the largest image you have printed from a D3S? [View all] , hollingwD80 , Sun 13-Jan-13 01:35 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What's the largest image you have printed from a D3...
Reply message Thanks.......