Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Strategies for Save/Load Settings file propagation acro...

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4122 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Strategies for Save/Load Settings file propagation across formatting of card"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Sat 12-Jan-13 03:54 PM

I have an old small CF card for my "master" settings files.

I also keep a copy of the settings file on the card(s) I use for images. Before formatting I load the settings from the card into the camera; this overwrites any temporary changes I may have made during the previous shooting sessions. After formatting the card I immediately save the settings.

This strategy gives me 2 levels of backup and always allows me to get back to my "master" settings.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Strategies for Save/Load Settings file propagation acro... [View all] , Cerulean Silver Member , Sat 12-Jan-13 02:41 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Strategies for Save/Load Settings file propagation ...