Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just some thoughts on tech improvements and moving from...

Escher2

US
59 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Just some thoughts on tech improvements and moving from older bodies to newer."

Escher2 Silver Member Charter Member
Tue 01-Jan-13 04:16 AM

Thanks for the input - and you fall into the category in which I can definately see the newer tech - i.e. fast action and sports.

I wasnt aware of the improvements in AF tech - but I also havent researched it much as I didnt want a reason to "want" a D3..

YOu've got me on the 12MP of the D2X - truth be told - I was going to get a D1h because of the smaller file size specifically, and I like the body... but the battery was a bit of a deal breaker for me... ALthough I am considering picking one up as a "toy" body in the future.

I honestly wasnt aware the D3 was 12mp - but once again - never researched it due to cost... Thanks for educating me.

I like your point about "working a subject" as opposed to clicking off frames. It is easier to try various ideas and techniques that may or may not work out when you arent paying for each frame.

Another question - for new photographers and students - do you think digital inspires bad habits compared to film in regard to composition, or do you think it helps due to the instant feedback? I can think of arguments on both sides.

..and just for the record - I'll be the first to admit not being an expert in the field - just a hobbyist with passion.. So my views may (and most likley are) be very far from "proper" in terms of good technique.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Just some thoughts on tech improvements and moving from... [View all] , Escher2 Silver Member , Tue 01-Jan-13 12:14 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just some thoughts on tech improvements and moving ...