Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC

AMusingFool

Arlington, US
212 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC"

AMusingFool Registered since 30th Dec 2012
Thu 03-Jan-13 06:41 PM

I had it running wirelessly, but it was wired, as far as the camera was concerned. Plugged it into a ZyXel MWR 211 (battery-powered) wireless router, and connected to that with my iPad.

My plan (I still haven't carried it out, many months later, partially because it requires two people) is to use it to take aimed pictures with a (20' tall) monopod (pole pixie pro is your friend). Other than that, it hasn't seemed all that useful to me, either.

I don't remember having any trouble setting it up, but I deal with network issues all the time, so it's entirely possible there were ambiguities in the instructions where I knew what they meant. Sorry, I know that's not especially helpful.

A general, generic topic Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC [View all] , dta116 , Sat 29-Dec-12 09:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC