Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Wed 02-Jan-13 09:16 PM

>I don't see "Http Server Running
>http://192.168.128.108". I have to check my connection.
>Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. Happy New
>Year.

Depending on the NIC card in your computer, you do need a switch/hub between the camera and the PC. A regular cable might not work. And you definitely either need something to hand out an IP address (like a local router), or you need to hard code an address matching the subnet on which your computer resides. Either one of these would prevent the above from appearing.

Note what it does say, and if unclear, post again. Photography I'm a beginner, but (sadly) spend all day with computers.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC [View all] , dta116 , Sat 29-Dec-12 09:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tethering a D4 with ethernet to PC