Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A Modern Review of the Original D1

lewiscollard

UK
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: A Modern Review of the Original D1"

lewiscollard Registered since 30th Dec 2012
Tue 01-Jan-13 07:03 PM | edited Tue 01-Jan-13 07:10 PM by lewiscollard

Oh hello. Thanks for the link and the kind words. My acquisition of the D1 was a happy fluke! After I murdered my D2H (at shutter actuation #400,195) a reader of my site saw a paragraph where I joked about replacing it with a D1 just for kicks, took it more seriously than I did, and offered to send me his nearly-mint D1. Apart from the missing cap for the remote terminal, it really is nearly mint!

I'll just point out that while I am a fan of the Rockwell (really, give me a Bagger 288 so I can go to the Rockwell Mines and dig up lots and lots more Rockwell so I can have more Ken Rockwell), I've written in my part-whimsical, part-abrasive style for as long as I can remember. I'm probably as influenced by Jason Scott as Rockwell, but hey, bring on those big buckets of Rockwell.

I hate to talk about myself too much (JUST KIDDING! Get me on Skype some time and I'll do it for six hours straight!), but the design thing: That had nothing to do with Rockwell; everything you see is what comes from trying to be a little ad-free, instant-loading, easy-to-read oasis without Don't You Dare Steal My Stuff copyright notices and affiliate links/other "give me money" junk.

Have an awesome and prosperous 2013!

L

A general, generic topic A Modern Review of the Original D1 [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member , Sat 29-Dec-12 07:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A Modern Review of the Original D1