Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A Modern Review of the Original D1

ZoneV

US
3564 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"A Modern Review of the Original D1"

ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005
Sat 29-Dec-12 08:59 PM

This guy writes one of the few modern reviews (2012) of the Nikon D1. It's a good, short review. I'd say mostly accurate from my experience. Since I never used a D1, I can't comment on its image quality, as the later D1H/x are huge improvments in this area (but even they still come up short today in dynamic range and noise handling compared to a D3). But the other aspects of the camera are spot-on (some of which are quite darned good when you keep in mind it's over 10 years old now).

Collard's website design is similar to Ken Rockwell's, and he writes with a similarly tad-bit-eccentric style; he indeed appears to be a fan of Rockwell and even quotes Rockwell at times. Collard has some nice photographs on his website; he's not just a tech-head but an actual photographer.

Here's Lewis Collard's Nikon D1 review circa 2012: http://lewiscollard.com/cameras/nikon-d1/

Nikon user since 2000

A general, generic topic A Modern Review of the Original D1 [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member , Sat 29-Dec-12 07:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A Modern Review of the Original D1