Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Autofocus problem

Luke_Miller

Rural Virginia, US
1768 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Autofocus problem"

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006
Fri 21-Dec-12 10:36 PM

While there are some autofocus changes between the D3/D3s and the D4 you can pretty much use the same settings as you did with your D3/D3s and achieve good results on the D4. Since you focus using the AF-On button (like I do) I'm assuming you set Custom Setting a4 to AF On Only. I achieve sharp focus with all my lenses using the D4 and a couple of primes that required AF Fine Tune on my D3 do not require any adjustment on my D4. My percentage of in-focus shots with my D4 is close to 100% and far higher than with any other body I've shot with.

So what you are experiencing does not sound normal, nor does it sound like user error. I think your D4 needs a trip back to the mother ship.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

A general, generic topic D4 Autofocus problem [View all] , mbarrett635 Gold Member , Fri 21-Dec-12 07:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Autofocus problem