Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D800e

ECC233

Hochwald, CH
315 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D800e"

ECC233 Registered since 11th Jan 2007
Tue 25-Dec-12 03:09 PM

Hi Dan

I have a pair of D4's and a D800E and I kind of agree with you. I have had no focussing issues with the D800E but when I really want to be certain of results, I am reaching for the D4's.

I find that the main reason is just the way the body sits in my (large) hands. Added to that is the fact that I do mainly nature photography including a lot of macro work in the field. I just do not feel confident about the weather sealing on the D800E - even though I have no real reason to doubt it.

The real argument that I have had is about glass. With the D800E I can crop or use in-camera crop to get to DX and the additional apparent reach. Do I carry the 400 f 2.8 or the 300 f 2.8?.

I am increasingly carrying the bigger lenses (thank you Mr ThinkTank for my Lense Limo).

But when I nail it with the D800E I am also very happy ..... I think what I really want is a D4X so I can crop insects until I am happy and not lose resolution.

Ed Constable

A general, generic topic My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D800e [View all] , spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography , Mon 17-Dec-12 06:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D...