Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D800e

spiritualized67

Western PA, US
3290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D800e"

spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007
Tue 18-Dec-12 07:19 PM

Thanks, Ernesto. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eyes out for future high MP models to come from Nikon (the D900 anyone?). And maybe by then, they'll have worked out some of the widespread quality kinks.

While we'd all love for one camera to be able to handle it all - the reality is Nikon is just not there yet. I believe the D4 comes closest to achieving this multi-genre ideal, although it's not without its limitations - such as size, price, weight, lack of more MP. Of course at 16.2 MP and with the outstanding AF system, it's pretty darn close for most purposes.

I really wanted to love the D800e, but I just wasn't feeling the love and the quality issues were complete buzz kill – especially the ones dealing with focus accuracy. Thanks for commenting.

~Dan

A general, generic topic My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D800e [View all] , spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography , Mon 17-Dec-12 06:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My Completely Biased Opinion of D4 versus D3s and D...